1st Meeting of genetics, genomics and computer science applied to health
Dates and times:
Friday, September 28, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., room L12
Saturday, September 29, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., room L8
Place: Faculty of Natural and Exact Sciences of UNACHI
Free activity, open to all researchers, professionals, students and teachers
The City of Knowledge Foundation, the Gendiagnostik Center, SA, the Research Group in Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Synthetic Biology (GIBBS) of the Technological University of Panama (UTP), the Center for Applied Computer Science (CENCINA) of UNACHI and the Center Specialized in Genetics (CEGEN), are pleased to invite you to the 1st Meeting of genetics, genomics and computer science applied to health, which will take place on September 28 and 29 at the Faculty of Natural and Exact Sciences of UNACHI.
This 1st Meeting will present the following topics:
· Python and its applications, speaker: Dr. Pedro González (UNACHI).
· Development of human genetics and related topics with the support of bioinformatics tools in Panama. Advances and challenges, speaker: Dr. Oriana Batista (Centro Gendiagnostik, S.A. and UNACHI).
· Bioinformatics and its applications in genetics and related, speaker: Dr. Javier Sánchez Galán (UTP).
· Computer science applied to medicine in imaging, speaker: Dr. Iván Rodríguez (UNACHI).
· Introduction to the Python language and search of patterns in archives, speakers: Dr. Pedro González and Martha Gómez.
· BioPython and management of genomic sequences and proteins, speakers: Dr. Javier Sánchez Galán and Dr. Oriana Batista.