Posted on January 9, 2019 by IOM
Position Title Human Resources Assistant
Organizational Unit RMU
Duty Station Panama (Global) Administrative Centre
Classification General Service Staff/G4
Type of Appointment Fixed term, OYFT with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date 22 January 2019
*Only apply if you are Panamenian or you have a valid working permit.
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the RMU and the general supervision of the Chief of Mission, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
CORE FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support recruitment processes in the office by coordinating the publication of Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, receiving and sorting applications, arranging interviews and tests, preparing all the required documentation and materials, sending communications to candidates, contacting previous employers for reference checks and any other related activity as assigned.
• Carry-out pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry On Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams, follow-up with Health Insurance Medical Services (Manila or Panama) on medical clearances, coordination of orientation sessions, arrangement for security briefing and medical examinations, inclusion in insurance plans as appropriate, creation of personal file, etc.
• Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input and maintain data based on approvals and supporting documentation; monitor and follow up on contractual situation and entitlements and generate reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
• Perform the role of Time-keeper in PRISM; maintain, update and reconcile leave quotas based on supporting documentation; generate and edit leave-related reports; respond to general questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in PRISM.
• Support separation, classification, reclassification and promotion processes by collecting necessary documentation, drafting forms, making basic calculations, obtaining approvals and coordinating with relevant units in the Regional Office and Administrative Centers.
• Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
• Draft certificates of employment, notices, letters, reports, presentations, graphs, update the organizational chart and support timely submission of documents.
• Support the organization of meetings, training activities and other Human Resources events by carrying out logistical activities such as arrangement of meeting facilities, equipment, materials, preparation of correspondence and drafting and assembling of documents.
• Respond to general inquiries regarding Human Resources policies, instructions and procedures.
• Support other units in related activities
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or,
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
• Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
• Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Please keep in mind:
The offer to candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to confirmation of funds.
Likewise, the designation will be subject to the certification of which the candidate is fit to work, the presentation of the necessary accreditations, visa or residence and security approvals.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 22 January 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 09.01.2019 to 22.01.2019