Upper Elementary Homeroom Teacher (Grades 3-5)
Posted on August 14, 2018 by MET
About the MET
Founded in 2011, the MET is an IB World School that offers the IB Continuum, a world-class academic program for students in Pre-Kinder 3 through 12th grade. With more than 800 students hailing from over 45 nationalities and 120 faculty members that boast an impressive range of international teaching experience, the school is enriched by the wealth of its diverse and multicultural community.
Committed to developing the whole child, the MET integrates the rigors of the IB and Panamanian curricula with a comprehensive visual and performing arts program, Panamanian culture, competitive athletics, cutting edge technology and the promotion of values and civic responsibility.
Preferable Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education
- Requirements and certifications to teach in their country of origin or current location
- Native English Speaker (preferred) - ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with students, parents, staff members and outside community agencies and partners.
- Experience teaching in a technology rich environment - Google platform and apple systems
- Experience in IBPYP is preferred
- A passion for education and working with students
- A visionary teacher who is willing to participate in the development of the school
- A desire to contribute and foster a positive learning community at the MET
- A role model for students
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as part of a team.
- An awareness and interest in supporting community service learning
- Proficient level of written and spoken English
- Honest, compassionate, friendly and fair
Competitive Two Year Renewable Contract Includes
- Competitive salary package
- Ongoing professional development
- Private medical insurance
- Tuition scholarship for up to two dependent children
- Visa & immigration related costs
- Annual economy class return flight
- Moving and baggage allowance including a hotel stipend during relocation
- End of contract payment (approximately 1 week salary per year)
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following documentation in English, and in a single PDF document:
- A letter of application (no more than one page). If applying for a teaching position, please include your personal educational philosophy.
- Up-to-date CV (no more than two pages) that includes: a recent photograph, nationality (and migratory status), listed professional accreditation and degrees earned (copies of diplomas or certificates will be requested upon hiring).
- Three letters of reference and/or names, addresses, e-mail contacts and telephone numbers of at least 3 former professional referees (direct supervisors).
You may send your application package via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including in the subject line the position for which you are applying.
For more information about the school and this position, please click here