Posted on August 14, 2018 by MET
About the MET
Founded in 2011, the MET is an IB World School that offers the IB Continuum, a world-class academic program for students in Pre-Kinder 3 through 12th grade. With more than 800 students hailing from 40 different nationalities and 120 faculty members that boast an impressive range of international teaching experience, the school is enriched by the wealth of its diverse and multicultural community.
Committed to developing the whole child, the MET integrates the rigors of the IB and Panamanian curricula with a comprehensive visual and performing arts program, Panamanian culture, competitive athletics, cutting edge technology and the promotion of values and civic responsibility.
About the Position
The coach is responsible for guiding student-athletes through practices, scrimmages, and games appropriate to their age and level of play; for developing physical conditioning and sports specific skills; and for teaching and promoting sportsmanship and ethical conduct.
The coach is expected to work both independently and as a member of the athletics department, demonstrating efficiency, responsibility and professionalism.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Participate in the Pre-Season Coaches’ Meeting, and all coaching meetings pertaining to the sport.
- Have all team rules, and the method for selecting the team approved by the athletic director prior to distribution to athletes and their parents.
- Conduct practice sessions at all scheduled times throughout the season and supervise all games and competitions.
- Teach relevant skills, tactics, and techniques as part of a comprehensive training program.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of student-athletes.
- Maintain an atmosphere of encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Set and maintain high standards for conduct and discipline.
- Model sportsmanship and ethical conduct at all times.
- Demonstrate discretion and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Arrive to practices and competitions in a punctual manner, allowing for time to change into appropriate clothing, and to do setup/removal of equipment and warm-up.
- Maintain an accurate record of attendance of student-athletes.
- Manage and maintain equipment assigned to the team.
- Supervise student dismissal.
- Maintain high standards of safety, health and child safeguarding at all times.
- Communicate with athletes, parents and the athletics department in a clear and appropriate manner.
- Perform other specific job-related duties as directed.
Skills & Competencies
- Effective communicator
- Collaborative team player
- Planning and organization
- Knowledge of fitness, sports psychology and nutrition
- Ability to manage a group of participants effectively
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and patience
- Minimum 2 years of coaching experience in a scholastic setting
- Comprehensive knowledge of the sport
- Panamanian or expatriate with work permit
- Bilingual - English and Spanish (Preferred)
- Coaching Certification (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following documentation in English, and in a single PDF document:
- A letter of application (no more than one page). If applying for a teaching position, please include your personal educational philosophy.
- Up-to-date CV (no more than two pages) that includes: nationality (and migratory status), listed professional accreditation and degrees earned (copies of diplomas or certificates will be requested upon hiring).
- Three letters of reference and/or names, addresses, e-mail contacts and telephone numbers of at least 3 former professional referees (direct supervisors).
You may send your application package via e-mail to email@example.com, including in the subject line the position for which you are applying.
For more information about the school and this position, please click here.