Posted on September 1, 2016 by UN Women
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Finance Section Finance Specialist – Financial Reporting and Project Closure Team Lead, and the daily supervision of the Panama Regional Office Finance Specialist, the Finance Associate provides financial services ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of work. The Finance Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
The Finance Associate works in close collaboration with the staff of the Division of Management and Administration, Programme Division, Regional Centers and Country Offices, as well as other UN entities in HQS and COs for resolving complex finance-related issues and information delivery.
Description of Responsibilities:
Administer and implement financial strategies, adapt processes and procedures focusing on supporting project closure.
Administer UN Women's financial resources focusing on supporting financial donor reporting and other management reports.
Provide accounting and administrative support to the Finance team focusing on achievement of the following results for Regional Office support.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results.
Perform other duties from time to time as requested by Finance Specialist, Panama RO.
- Completion of High School (Secondary Education) is required.
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance is an advantage.
- At least 7 years of progressively relevant finance work experience is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of database packages, working experience in web based ERP financial systems (i.e. SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc).
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS is desirable.
- Completion of UN Women Accountancy & Finance Test required
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Knowledge of any other UN language is an advantage.
All applications can include only one attachment that consists of a complete and signed UN Women Personal History Form (P11) together with an updated English CV. Applications without the complete P11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. Please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document. The electronic version of the P11 can be downloaded from the following website: http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment
Only short-listed qualified candidates will be contacted.
Applications received after 11 September 2016 will not be considered.
To apply please visit: