Communications and Marketing Assistant
Posted on July 3, 2018 by MET
About the MET
Founded in 2011, the MET is an IB World School that offers the IB Continuum, a world-class academic program for students in Pre-Kinder 3 through 12th grade. With more than 800 students hailing from 40 different nationalities and 120 faculty members that boast an impressive range of international teaching experience, the school is enriched by the wealth of its diverse and multicultural community.
Committed to developing the whole child, the MET integrates the rigors of the IB and Panamanian curricula with a comprehensive visual and performing arts program, Panamanian culture, competitive athletics, cutting edge technology and the promotion of values and civic responsibility.
About the Position
The Communications and Marketing Assistant will support the Marketing, Admissions and Communications Team in meeting its objectives of promoting the school as a standard of excellence in education, providing support in the execution of its strategies, creation of content, and developing new initiatives, always in line with the organization’s brand.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Design and Production: aide in the design and production of graphic and/or illustrative materials (for both internal and external audiences). This may include, among other projects, the following:
• Website texts and graphics
• Digital media elements for e-mail communications, newsletters and social media
• Promotional items for the school, educational programs and events
• Marketing materials (print and digital)
Relations with suppliers: manage the relations with vendors. Ensure that the final product meets the quality and standard specifications of the project discussed during the brief.
Media Relations: Contribute in media outreach activities including drafting press releases in English and Spanish.
Events: Provide support with event planning.
Brainstorm and Creativity: Contribute to brainstorming sessions focused on marketing,
advertising or public relations, helping develop new campaign and messaging ideas.
Photography: Provide support with photographic and video coverage of school events and activities as well as draft and edit materials.
Social Media: Provide support in creating and publishing content for various online
Represent the Communications Team: Attend school activities, events and press
activities, among other school activities.
• Candidates must be bilingual (English and Spanish)
• Candidates must have a basic working knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) - please submit a portfolio along with your applications
• Prior experience in Marketing, Communications or Media relations preferable
• Prior experience in photography or video editing preferable
• Expected salary: $1,200
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following documentation in English, and in a single PDF document:
- A letter of application (no more than one page). If applying for a teaching position, please include your personal educational philosophy.
- Up-to-date CV (no more than two pages) that includes: nationality (and migratory status), listed professional accreditation and degrees earned (copies of diplomas or certificates will be requested upon hiring). You may also attach your portfolio.
- Three letters of reference and/or names, addresses, e-mail contacts and telephone numbers of at least 3 former professional referees (direct supervisors).
You may send your application package via e-mail to email@example.com, including in the subject line the position for which you are applying.