Posted on January 4, 2019 by MET
Position Title: Business Manager
Supervisor: Director of Finance and Operations (DFO)
Purpose and Scope: The Business Manager is responsible for all financial and accounting systems of the school. Provides support to Cost Center Managers, through information analysis (e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year, budget, etc.), preparation of operational data/analysis that will help other members of the leadership team to make informed decisions. Primary responsibilities will include overseeing the accounting department, monthly financial review, annual budget process, purchasing, account receivable, payroll, periodic forecasting, and periodic analysis of operations performance.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing and interpreting financial information
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
- Analyzing changes on financial results and advising accordingly
- Assisting in the formulation of strategic and long-term business plans
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance
- Analyzing competitors and market trends
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Managing the school's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Liaising with auditors and ensure our accounting processes and Financial Statements are in compliance with the IFRS ;
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, bankers and government agencies
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Managing budgets
- Supervising staff
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- Assist the DFO in other business matters
Education : University Degree in Accounting & Finance. Masters preferred
Experience : Minimum of 5-7 years of successful professional experience leading a Finance & Accounting Department
Language : Strong bilingual Spanish & English skills, verbal and written.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Strategic thinking, willing to change what is needed.
- Do not be afraid to take measured risks
- Proved successful experience leading an Accounting and Finance Department
- Proactive, anticipate difficult situations and take appropriate decisions in advance for avoiding them
- High-level analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively within a multicultural environment.
- Previous experience as accounting system administrator.
- Advance Knowledge in Excel and other Office systems