AN2018/008-PAC SharePoint Administrator
Posted on October 8, 2018 by IOM
Panama City, Panama
Type of Appointment
Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The position is based in Panama Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Head of PAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to PAC.
Under the overall supervision of the Head Information Management and direct supervision of Senior SharePoint Administrator. The successful candidate will assist the Senior SharePoint Administrator in administering and managing the IOM SharePoint platforms that support IOM Document Management System, Intranet, PRIMA, extranet and other collaboration Web applications. He or she will be responsible for providing assistance on monitoring the infrastructure for performance and maintains the systems secure and correctly configured with latest security patches following configuration management practices. The incumbent will also be responsible for safety and security of data hosted on the platforms, effective data backup and will also participate in IOM Information and Knowledge management initiatives.
*The applicant must be Panamenian or have a valid working permit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1.Responsible for the installation and configuration of SharePoint environments.
2.Installation, Administration and maintenance of SharePoint SQL Server environments.
3.Assist in the provisioning, moving, copying, and restoring of SharePoint Application in different SharePoint environments.
4.Assist in the administration, troubleshooting and optimization of IOM SharePoint application (IOM Document Management System, Intranet, PRIMA, extranet and other SharePoint corporate Web applications).
5.Assist in performing maintenance and utilization tests, and of the SharePoint Farm.
6.Apply SharePoint Cumulative updates and Windows Server Service packs in coordination with the Senior SharePoint Administrator.
7.Assist in installation and configuration of SharePoint SQL Database High availability infrastructure.
8.Participate in the design and implementation of SharePoint infrastructure and application projects to all missions.
9.Act as additional specialist resource to all the missions for the SharePoint Infrastructure most specially in performing installation, configuration and administration of SharePoint farm components, security and services.
10.Logs and maintains SharePoint knowledge base of related issues and resolutions.
11.Daily review of the events and messages reported in System Center Operations Management (SCOM) as well as in Event Viewer and Performance Monitor.
12.Provide daily Real-time Monitoring of Search Availability and Performance.
13.Provide monthly monitoring report- Analysis of workload / Analysis of potential problems Capture perfmon baseline for 24 hours / Check for OOB Reports.
14.Function as Tier3 day to day support for issues related to SharePoint Applications.
15.Monitors daily SharePoint backup jobs.
16.Monitors daily disk cleanup jobs.
17.Perform weekly baselining of Search and User Profile components in SharePoint Production farm.
18.Performs weekly backup and restore testing for all SharePoint application.
19.Provide support during weekend if needed but not limited to SharePoint farm upgrade, application downtime, deployment etc.
20.Perform other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
·Completed university degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
·Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience in managing and administering SharePoint 2010/2013 Farm.
·Experience in Windows 2008/2012 Administration.
·Knowledge of Windows server platforms. Understanding of active directory and SQL server 2012 is a distinct advantage.
·Good, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of troubleshooting tasks.
- Formal training and knowledge of managing latest production versions of Microsoft SharePoint environment; Professional SharePoint certification highly desirable;
- Experience in technical writing and documentation an asset; ability to train helpdesk staff on Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support an advantage;
- Formal training, knowledge of and experience in the maintaining and administering Microsoft SharePoint 2013 platforms and related solutions; experienced in managing Web Content Management systems and implementing ECM solutions;
- Commitment, efficiency, flexibility, self-motivation, creative thinking and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
Fluency in Spanish and English. French is advantageous.
- Accountability – Meets deadlines, cost and quality requirements for outputs.
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of won work
- Continuous Learning – Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Communication – Actively shares relevant information and listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving programme or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources and presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing - Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others and identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Professionalism - Masters subject matter related to responsibilities.
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment, gives credit where its due.
- Technological Awareness - Learns about developments in available technology and proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions.
- Resource Mobilization – Establishes realistic resources requirements to meet IOM needs.
- Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines;
- Anticipates and prepares response to changing IT needs of the relevant organizational unit;
- Delivers optimal IT solutions within defined resource parameters.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via web through the following https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODUxQzdDMUVEOEIyRTJDNjFEQTk1REUwQzImY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN, if you have doubt please send us an e-mail to PAC-Recruitment@iom.int, by October 19th , 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to http://panama.iom.int/en/vacancies.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts documentation duly completed (resume and intention letter).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 08.10.2018 to 21.10.2018