AN/021 2018 Infrastructure and Telecommunication Administrator
Posted on July 12, 2018 by IOM
The position is based in Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), headed by the Director of PAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to PAC.
Under the overall supervision of the Head ICT Infrastructure and Networks and the direct supervision of the Networks and Systems Supervisor (PAC); and, in close coordination with the ICT in Manila and Geneva, the incumbent will provide overall infrastructure administration and support to the network in Panama and its dependencies. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1.Define, maintain and monitor IOM Global IT LAN and WAN architecture
2.Maintain and secure IOM network environments at IOM data centers and offices by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring network performance
3.Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analysing workflow, accesses, information and security requirements
4.Build network environments by applying system configuration standards, coordinating system installation, and defining, documenting, maintaining and enforcing system standards
5.Troubleshoot network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency
6.Plan and execute the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of network equipment
7.Define network policies and procedures
8.Administer and configure Secure Web Gateway using Zscaler
9.Implement, administer, troubleshoot and maintain CISCO ASA and Palo Alto firewalls.
10.Provide Tier 3 support for network infrastructure and escalation resolution for global user support, including root cause analysis
11.Produce and maintain comprehensive technical network documentation and reference materials for IOM network infrastructure
12.Install and configure video conferencing systems, VoIP and PABX systems based in Avaya, Sonus Tenor and other industry standards products and protocols.
13.Perform other related duties that may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
·Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field; or,
University degree in the above and two years of relevant working experience.
·Valid CCNP Routing and Switching is required
·ITIL and Prince2 Foundation are added advantages
·Riverbed certifications are added advantages
·Microsoft Azure certification is an added advantage
·Microsoft Certified Professional and/or Linux Administration Certification are desirable
·Other Network, security and Computer industry certifications would be an advantage
- Minimum 2 years of experiencemanaging and implementing corporate networks in a multisite environment. Proven experience with Avaya, Riverbed and Cisco will be a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated strong ability to think strategically and tactically while acting independently under management guidance
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, team player able to provide technical leadership in ICT group
- Extensive experience required to design WAN, large campus, data center, voice, and wireless networks
- Skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot large enterprise network, including the configuration of switches, routers, firewalls and connecting to the WAN
6.In depth and proven understanding and proficiency with switching and routing concepts.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012 and 2016) and Active Directory environments
- Advance knowledge of policies, standards, guidelines, procedures and relevant technologies
- Advanced knowledge of network optimisation and quality of service solution.
- Advanced knowledge and excellence experience with Cisco firewalls and IPSec VPN-based technologies and WAN networks
- Advanced knowledge and excellence experience with network security systems operations including management of firewall, traffic and equipment monitoring and analysis systems, SNMP, NetFlow and SolarWinds
- Advanced knowledge of VoIP technology and implementation.
- TCP/IP internetworking and related services (DNS, WINS, DHCP, NPS, etc.) network operating systems (Windows) and network management systems
- Knowledge of Internet WEB access monitoring and filtering and anti-spam and anti-virus technologies
- Knowledge of application systems like MS IIS, Active Directory, MS Exchange with OWA, Oracle and MSSQL
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery concepts
·Fluency in English and Spanish
·Working knowledge of French is an advantage
- Accountability – Takes responsibility of meeting commitments and for any shortcomings.
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – Promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and negotiation – Convinces others to share resources
- Performance Management – Identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Professionalism - Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Technological Awareness - Learns about developments in available technology
- Resource Mobilization – Establishes realistic resources requirements to meet IOM needs.
·Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines
·Delivers optimal IT solutions within defined resource parameters
·Anticipates and prepares response to changing IT needs of the relevant organizational unit.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to PAC-Recruitment@iom.int, by July 27, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to http://panama.iom.int/en/vacancies and http://ciudaddelsaber.org/es/oportunidades/empleos
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts documentation duly completed (resume in the format attached and intention letter).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 13.07.2018 to 27.07.2018