AN 020/2018 SQL Database Administrator
Posted on August 17, 2018 by IOM
The position is based in Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), headed by the Director of PAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to PAC.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Information Management and the direct supervision of the Database Administrator Lead, the SQL DBA will be responsible for managing and maintaining optimum operation of all MS SQL production and non-production databases; and design/implementation and maintaining strict security rights to sensitive data as per IOM’s data protection principles.
The applicant must be Panamenian or have a valid working permit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
·Assist in implementation of large database-driven applications
·Support data access analysis and design, DBMS optimization, data integrity, recovery & load strategy.
·Oversee backup and recovery on databases is in place
·Design and implement high availability of MS SQL based production systems including the disaster recovery solution implementation
·Coordinate changes to SQL Server (Service Packs & hotfixes)
·Configure and monitor interfaces with other systems
·Configure and maintain schema, tables, views, functions, triggers and indexes
·Configure and manage system and database user IDs and group permissions
·Identify opportunities for optimizing business and system effectiveness
·Support formal testing and resolve test defects.
·Efficient at T-SQL and batch scripting.
·Manage the ticket ownership process and provide tier 3 level support
·Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
·Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Computer Science or any related course.
·2 years of experience as a Database administrator or similar role;
·Excellent understanding of MS SQL database systems and architectures:
·Extensive years of experience of managing disconnected databases;
·Extensive years ofexperience in reporting services;
·Experience in project management;
·Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks;
·Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
Fluency in Spanish and English. French is advantageous.
- Accountability – Meets deadlines, cost and quality requirements for outputs.
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of won work
- Continuous Learning – Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Communication – Actively shares relevant information and listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving programme or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources and presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing - Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others and identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Professionalism - Masters subject matter related to responsibilities.
·Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment, gives credit where its due.
- Technological Awareness - Learns about developments in available technology and proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions.
- Resource Mobilization – Establishes realistic resources requirements to meet IOM needs.
Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines;
Anticipates and prepares response to changing IT needs of the relevant organizational unit;
Delivers optimal IT solutions within defined resource parameters.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail PAC-Recruitment@iom.int, by August 31, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to http://panama.iom.int/en/vacancies and http://ciudaddelsaber.org/es/oportunidades/empleos
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts documentation duly completed (resume in the EXCEL FILE “Personal history” and intention letter with the total of specific experience).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Extended until 26.11.2018