AN/018-2018 PAC Networks and Systems Supervisor
Posted on June 14, 2018 by IOM
This position is based in the Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), headed by the Head of the Panama Administrative Center. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the Divisions with its operations delocalized to PAC.
Under the overall supervision of the Global ICT Operations Manager and the direct supervision of Head, ICT Infrastructure and Networks the successful candidate will lead the infrastructure and network team in PAC in ensuring the optimal performance and availability of systems and services, as well as implement information technology projects to address the IT needs and requirements of IOM. In particular, he/ she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Design, build, deploy, implement and monitor IT/Information System Infrastructure and architecture in IOM Global IT Wide Area Network while ensuring compliance with IOM ICT’s Standards and Policies, in collaboration with ICT HQ and MAC.
- Manage and organize network and systems administration particularly the network and systems monitoring, exchange messaging services, backups and security components.
- Conceptualize, implement and ensure delivery of projects with IT component in a professional and timely manner.
- Participant in the development and operationalize an incident management for ensuring network performance and security for the IOM Global Network
- Ensure through team weekly progress reporting, continuous analysis of the achievements, challenges and forward planning.
- Ensure daily handoffs for Infrastructure and Networks support tickets are effectively passed to Infrastructure and Networks teams in Headquarters (HQ) and Manila Administrative Center (MAC).
- Plan for system upgrades and implement IT Infrastructure changes; install systems, network components and software; suggest best technical solutions in order to achieve required standards.
- Contribute with the definition and implementation of ICT strategies and provide regular status reports of ongoing projects and technology updates.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of the PAC Infrastructure and Networks team and ensure highest level of customer service with both internal and external users and stakeholders.
- Provide training to IT users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems.
- Plan, install, manage, develop and provide on-going technical support of the global WAN, LAN, VoIP network, Quality of Service, Proxy Servers and IT Network Security.
- Maintain and update technical documentation for IOM Global ICT Infrastructure in coordination with Infrastructure and Networks Units in HQ and i MAC.
- Communicate with external partners and service providers, to ensure adequate technical specifications and quality services are provided for ICT infrastructure and systems.
- Assist local administrators in defining and expressing IT functional specifications and translating them into system specifications.
15.Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Universitydegreein ComputerScienceorequivalentrelatededucationandprofessional experience, Post-graduate degree in the relevant field of expertise preferred.
·CISSP, CISA or CISM certifications are highly desirable
·ITIL and Prince2 Foundation are added advantages
·Microsoft Certified Professional and/or Linux Administration Certification are desirable
·Other Network, security and Computer industry certifications would be an advantage
- Four years of progressive experience in designing, administering large scale, and multi-site, resilient, high availability network environment;
- In depth and advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, WAN and LAN Technologies, Virtual Private Networks and network management, security and documentation;
- In depth understanding of Microsoft based networks including Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Exchange 2010, DNS, WINS, DHCP and other Windows network technologies. Microsoft Certified Professional (including Windows Server 2008) is an advantage;
- Knowledge of incident, change and configuration management as applied to IT Service Management. Foundation level certification in ITIL is highly desired; and,
- Strong leadership, project managementandanalyticalskillswithcapacitytounderstand ITbusiness requirements andto translate them into technical solutions; skills in project management using industry standards,systemsanalysis,technicaldesignandapplicationarchitecture,databasedesignand requirements Itechnical Iuser documentation; ability to build team inamulticultural environment andtoworkeffectivelywithcolleaguesfromdifferentprofessionalbackground.
·Fluency in English and Spanish.
·Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Accountability – Takes responsibility of meeting commitments and for any shortcomings;
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
- Continuous Learning – Promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and negotiation – Convinces others to share resources;
- Performance Management – Identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others;
- Professionalism - Masters subject matter related to responsibilities;
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment;
- Technological Awareness - Learns about developments in available technology; and,
- Resource Mobilization – Establishes realistic resources requirements to meet IOM needs.
·Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines;
·Delivers optimal IT solutions within defined resource parameters; and,
·Anticipates and prepares response to changing IT needs of the relevant organizational unit.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to PAC-Recruitment@iom.int, by June 29, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to http://panama.iom.int/en/vacanciesand http://ciudaddelsaber.org/es/oportunidades/empleos
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts documentation duly completed (resume in the format attached and intention letter).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 15.06.2018 to 2.07.2018