AN/016-2018 Human Resources Advisory Services Assistant (Reports & Data Integrity)
Posted on June 13, 2018 by IOM
Under the direct supervision of the National HR Compliance Officer and overall supervision of the Head of HRAS and in consultation with relevant units in Headquarters (HQ) and Manila Administrative Center (MAC), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing global support functions and assistance to missions on human resources matters relating to locally recruited employees of Missions worldwide.
S/he will coordinate with HR practitioners in the different Country Offices and Regional Offices worldwide to achieve a consistently high level of data accuracy in SAP (PRISM HR). S/he will also be responsible for preparing reports and statistics as required by senior management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Analyze the requirements for information, create queries and present results as required in coordination with the National HR Compliance Officer and Head of HRAS;
- Gather, analyze and consolidate the information from IOM Missions that are not yet live in PRISM and update in the system as required;
- Create and maintain PRISM OM structure for non-live missions and provide support in updating Mission’s structure for SES purposes
- Assist the National HR Compliance Officer performing periodical reviews of the information in PRISM HR, detect any breaches or inconsistencies and recommend corrections to Country Offices on a systematic basis.
- Compile relevant HR information and prepare Audit reports to be reviewed by the supervisor. The report may include a summary of the information and comments from previous audits.
- Prepare and submit consolidated statistics as required by relevant units on a timely basis.
·Assist guiding HR staff in PAC, MAC and Offices worldwide on the correct input of HR data in PRISM HR with a view to improve the quality of data reporting.
- In coordination with the National HR Compliance Officer, provide support and respond to inquiries to end users about processes and troubleshooting in PRISM HR. Coordinate with Country Offices and ITC Support when required.
- In coordination with the Head of HRAS and the National HR Compliance Officer, assist guiding Country/Regional offices on the proper interpretation and application of HR policies and guidelines, as required.
- Assist the National HR Compliance Officer with the periodical Compliance Reviews, verifying that relevant HR policies and Personnel Administrative processes are consistently followed.
- May provide assistance during training sessions on HR compliance and data reporting.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
Required Qualifications and Experience
·High School diploma with at least four years of relevant work experience; or,
- Bachelor degree or equivalent level, or higher, in areas such as Human Resources Management, Industrial Administration, Public or Business Management, or administrative related fields with at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
·High-level computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office, specific in Word and Excel.
·Previous experience with IOM or UN personnel rules and policies will be a distinct advantage.
·Experience working with Visio and SAP are highly appreciated.
·Fluency in English and Spanish
·Working knowledge of French is an advantage
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – Promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – Identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Technological Awareness - Learns about developments in available technology
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to PAC-Recruitment@iom.int, by June 29, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to http://panama.iom.int/en/vacancies and http://ciudaddelsaber.org/es/oportunidades/empleos
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts documentation duly completed (resume in the format attached and intention letter).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 14.06.2018 to 29.06.2018