AN/010-2018 PAC Information Technology Assistant
Posted on June 13, 2018 by IOM
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Global User Support Panama and the general supervision of the Head of ICT Panama, the incumbent will perform the following duties.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1.Provide support with the installation and maintenance of servers, computers, and peripherals in IOM Panama. Ensure that the latest approved updates are deployed; including the monitoring of WSUS and antivirus systems;
2.Assist with the monitoring of the WAN and local network equipment (e.g. Firewall, switches, Wi-Fi access points);
3.Assist with the administration of servers including VMware, Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange Server;
4.Serve as first level and frontline for helpdesk technical support requests, interacting with local and remote users to provide assistance and troubleshooting. Provide on-site technical support visits to IOM offices, if necessary;
5.Assist with system upgrades and IT infrastructure changes securing compliance to ITC Standards and in close coordination with ITC Manila;
6.Provide the necessary support and maintenance of corporate information systems;
7.Provide induction, guidance and training on IOM systems, devices and network usage to end-users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems;
8.Help to maintain an IT inventory of active and retired equipment, including regular updates to the technical documentation of IT network;
9.Attend daily monitoring and adequate completion of servers’ backup; and,
10.Perform other related functions as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
·University or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Electronic Engineering with two years of relevant experience.
·High School Diploma with a minimum of four years of relevant work experience in Windows Server system administration and LAN/WAN networking environment;
·Microsoft certification (MCITP or above) in Windows Server and/or Active Directory. Other industry certifications such as CCNA, VCP or ITIL are a distinct advantage
·Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network and communication equipment troubleshooting are a distinct advantage.
Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Client Orientation – Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Continuous Learning – Promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Professionalism - Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork –Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Technological Awareness - Learns about developments in available technology
·Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to PAC-Recruitment@iom.int, by June 22, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to http://panama.iom.int/en/vacanciesand http://ciudaddelsaber.org/es/oportunidades/empleos .
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts documentation duly completed (resume and intention letter). Ref. AN2018/010-PAC.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 11.06.2018 to 22.06.2018 extendido hasta el 4 de julio 2018