Administrative and Procurement Assistant (Driver)
Posted on May 11, 2017 by UN Women
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Operations Manager, the Administrative and Procurement Assistant supports the resolution of problems by receiving and monitoring service requests and ensuring timely response to queries. Promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. In addition, provides reliable support to the procurement process.
The Administrative and Procurement Assistant works in close collaboration with the Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations team staff and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
The Administrative and Procurement Assistant demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Help Desk Support
- Procurement Support
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide reliable and secure driving services as required
- Receipt, screening and logging correspondence, service requests, telephone calls, email messages and forward to the appropriate staff. Escalate problem report to the appropriate offices as needed;
- Set-up and maintain a log system and follow up to ensure that replies are timely or that action is taken within the established deadline. Oversee the successful record and completion of helpdesk issues;
- Provide information on a variety of general routine questions, coordinate and expedite office wide responses to sensitive telephone and written enquires;
- Compile statistics to measure and report on help desk results. Record issues and their resolution and compile “Frequently Asked Questions” to improve the quality of support provided to the region;
- Identify and synthesis best practices in help desk management and contribute to streamline the operation.
- Prepare correspondence and reports related to help desk activities;
- Participate in the establishment of an automated system in close coordination with ICT staff;
- Promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach;
- Maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues.
2. Procurement and Administrative support focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Upon request from the staff of the Programme Area, prepare documentation and e-requisitions to support the creation of purchase orders and contracts;
- Support procurement processes and identification of potential suppliers;
- Extract and input data from various sources in procurement systems;
- Respond to queries regarding procurement data;
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keep track of contractual agreements under his/her responsibility;
- Verify claims for accuracy and conformance with procurement rules and regulations;
- Draft routine correspondence and reports and maintain statistical information;
- Support the maintenance of supplies to the office and its replenishment as required;
- Support in the administration of the premises and services related.
3. Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Regional Office focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Support the administration and coordination of training for the operations/projects staff;
- Contributions to knowledge networks and practices.
4. Provide reliable and secure driving services as required:
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of UN Women personnel, high ranking officials, visitors and facilitate VIP missions;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items as requested.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
- Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
- Ability to support a team
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Good IT and web based management skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Excellent driving skills.
- University degree in business, economics or equivalent.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible administrative, procurement or related experience.
- Experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit.
- Ability to work with computer and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Knowledge of procurement process.
- Experience as driver or messenger with a safe driving record. Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of UN procurement systems and administrative policies and procedures will be an asset.
- Prior experience in an international organization, embassy o UN System and the Region will be an asset.
- Spanish and working knowledge of English
In order for an application to be considered valid, UN Women will only be accepting applications from nationals of the country or with valid work permit.
Applications consists of one attachment that include of a completed and signed UN Women Personal History Form (P11) together with an updated CV. Applications without the completed P11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. Please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document. The electronic version of the P11 can be downloaded from the following website: http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment
To apply to this vacancy, please refer to the following link: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=72284