Team Assistant, G4 (JO 109087)
Posted on January 25, 2019 by UNEP
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. This post is located in the UN Environment Latin America and the Caribbean Office, Panama Duty Station. This Office helps to implement UN Environment's programs by initiating, coordinating and catalyzing regional and sub-regional cooperation and action in response to environmental, challenges, opportunities and emergencies.
Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Governance Regional Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
• Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
• Monitors processes and schedules related to the unit’s outputs, products, tasks, etc.; where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
• Researches, compiles and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
• Generates a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, etc., using various databases.
• Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
• Screens phone calls and visitors; responds to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answers requests requiring file search, etc.), and as necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
• Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences, etc.
• Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
• Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit. Performs data entry and extraction functions.
• Reviews, records, distributes and/or processes mail and other documents; follows-up on impending actions.
• Updates and maintains large distribution lists; monitors, prepares and distributes various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handles arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinates shipment arrangements, courier services, etc.
• Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.), including preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, visa applications, etc.).
• Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
• Assists in providing software and office equipment support.
• Provides guidance to less experienced staff on general office processes and procedures, computer applications, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental courses/training in subjects related to the work of the office such as office administrative and management is desirable. Must have passed the Global General Service Test (GGST), United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) at Headquarters or an equivalent locally administered test at Offices Away.
A minimum of Four (4) of progressively responsible experience in general office administrative support and excellent drafting capabilities is required. Possession of computer skills in different packages including internet and email is required. Experience in related regional or international institutions or organizations is desirable
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral Spanish and English is required. Working knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Please apply directly through the following link. Do not send an email/Por favor aplicar directamente por medio del siguiente enlace/No enviar correos electrónicos: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=109087&Lang=en-US