Snr Programme Assistant (RCVS)
Posted on January 18, 2019 by UNHCR
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Post Title: Snr Programme Assistant (RCVS)
Duty Station: Panama City, PANAMA
Duration of Assignment: 6 months renewable
Type of Contract: Temporary Appointment
Employment Conditions: GL5 level
Persons interested in applying for this position must be Panamanian Nationals or must hold a valid work permit in Panama
Qualified candidates who are Factsheet and motivation letter (1 page maximum), not later than 28 January, 2019. Application documents should be sent by email to UNHCR (email@example.com), including the reference of “Snr Programme Assistant (VenSit)” in the subject field.
General Background of Project or Assignment:
The Senior Programme Assistant receives guidance and reports to the Programme Officer of the Regional Coordination office for the Venezuela Situation in Panama. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country programme. UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Senior Programme Assistant.
The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements.
- UNHCR country office has sufficient administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme Section thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Collects, registers and maintains information on project activities.
- Prepare status and progress reports, prepare tables and draft routine correspondence.
- Prepare background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures. This may include field visits for specific monitoring and evaluation issues.
- Apply UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness
of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Perform other duties as required.
interested in the below position are invited to submit their written application, attaching a
- Provide inputs for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as prepare inputs for funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Access the relevant information and programme records, Focus/ MSRP data.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- Completion of Secondary education courses/ training/ certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, International Law or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills (in MS office).
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus, etc.).
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities.