Snr ICT Assistant (RCVS)
Posted on January 18, 2019 by UNHCR
Post Title: Snr ICT Assistant (RCVS)
Duty Station: Panama City, PANAMA
Duration of Assignment: 6 months renewable
Type of Contract: Temporary Appointment
Employment Conditions: GL5 level
Persons interested in applying for this position must be Panamanian Nationals or must hold a valid work permit in Panama
Qualified candidates who are interested in the below position are invited to submit their written application attaching a Personal History Form (https://www.unhcr.org/general-service-staff.html) and motivation letter (1 page maximum), not later than 28 January, 2019. Application documents should be sent by email to UNHCR (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference of “Snr ICT Assistant (VenSit)” in the subject field.
General Background of Project or Assignment:
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer and the technical supervision of an ICT Officer at Regional office level. The incumbent may play a supervisory role in overlooking the day-to-day activities of the Telecom operators in the offices in the area of coverage. H/She has working relationships with UNHCR staff members in the office and other offices within the country of assignment as well as with staff of UN agencies and other UNHCR partners within the zone of operation to exchange information and to provide assistance.
- IT and Telecoms incidents are resolved.
- The required/requested technical support is provided in a professional manner.
- The network (LAN) is properly maintained.
- Assist in the recruitment, assignment, reassignment and separation of local general service staff. Assist the office in implementing set standards for applications that meets the needs of the users and supports the overall Information and Communication Technology.
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Routers, Printers, LAN Points, Switches, Patch panels, Access points, HF and VHF bases, HF and VHF relay stations, Satellite Modem...to prevent faults occurring.
- Carry out missions for new installations and routine maintenance tours of ICT equipments.
- Ensure that ICT problem recovery is done as quickly as possible and make regular system back-ups.
- Assist with the installation of the software packages, basic repair/maintenance of computer
hardware, HF and VHF equipment.
- Train UNHCR staff on email system, utilization of VHF handhelds, telephone system.
- Add and remove users from the Networks.
- Maintain the inventory of ICT equipment and keep track of movements of ICT equipment.
- Draft mails and memoranda on ICT matters.
- Assist in the drafting of technical documentation on radio equipment operating procedures
- Certify invoices and delivery notes and pass for payment.
- Evaluate needs for upgrading and eventually replacing ICT equipment in the field, to meet with
- Select the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted.
- Carry out administrative duties, within the area of competence as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
- To decide on appropriate resolution to incidents
- Escalating incidents where they cannot be resolved at the office level
- Technological awareness
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- Completion of Secondary school or equivalent technical school with training/certificate in Telecommunication and Information Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant experience in the ICT field;
- Fluency in English and Spanish.