Snr HR Assistant (RCVS)
Posted on January 18, 2019 by UNHCR
Post Title: Snr HR Assistant (RCVS)
Duty Station: Panama City, PANAMA
Duration of Assignment: 6 months renewable
Type of Contract: Temporary Appointment
Employment Conditions: GL5 level
Important notice: Persons interested in applying for this position must be Panamanian Nationals or must hold a valid work permit in Panama
Qualified candidates who are interested in the below position are invited to submit their written application attaching a Personal History Form (https://www.unhcr.org/general-service-staff.html) and motivation letter (1 page maximum), not later than 29 January, 2019. Application documents should be sent by email to UNHCR (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference of “Snr HR Assistant (VenSit)” in the subject field.
General Background of Project or Assignment:
The Senior Human Resources Assistant will function under direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, assisting him/her in personnel administration and other HR related matters, including the process of recruitment and appointment of staff, and in the performance management and welfare issues of staff under area of responsibility (AOR).
- The workforce in the AOR is well-informed of the organisation’s human resources policies and practices.
- UNHCR provides a healthy, safe and respectful working environment for its workforce in the AOR.
- Assist in the recruitment, assignment, reassignment and separation of local general service staff. Prepare documents for the interview panel for the recruitment of local staff.
- Process local staff members’ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Update personnel related information in MSRP/HR module where this activity has been rolled out from PAPS to the respective office.
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations
- Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations, as well as security evacuations/relocations. Maintain daily tracking record of staff and families to provide accurate
information in case of emergency.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
Perform other related duties as required.
- Initiate calculations for payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
- Initiate routine correspondence on HR matters for the authorizing officer’s approval.
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- Completion of secondary education with certificates in secretarial and administrative training.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of
support services in an international organization.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of another UN language(s).
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP.