Senior Officer, Executive Liaison
Posted on November 16, 2018 by IFRC
The Senior Officer, Executive Liaison will support the Americas Regional Director by ensuring an adequate fulfillment of tasks, an effective relationship with the internal and external partners and providing an efficient assistance to the Americas’ Regional Office. This person is in charge of facilitating communication with partners and counterparts, being responsible for efficient and effective public relations for the benefit of the institution
- Advanced university degree (master's or equivalent) in management, public administration, social sciences, international relations, economics, law, or other relevant field of study; or a first level university degree in a relevant field combined with extensive relevant experience.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible professional experience in one or more of the following fields: humanitarian emergency management or disaster response; economic or social development; communications; management or public administration; partnership development; community development; organizational development and governance; strategic planning; or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated professional experience working in an international organization, NGO, or other relevant international and cross-cultural environment.
- Red Cross Red Crescent Movement experience - Preferred
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Knowledge of and ability to use state-of-the-art electronic management monitoring and evaluation tools and programmes.
- Leadership skills
- Strategic analysis, systematic planning and implementation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate while maintaining effective working relations.
- Discretion, loyalty and ability to identify and handle sensitive issues and confidential information.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Fluent spoken and written Spanish
- Fluent spoken and written French - Preferred
- Fluent spoken and written Portuguese - Preferred
Interested candidates should visit the link: http://www.ifrc.org/en/who-we-are/working-with-us/current-vacancies/job-description/?id=17276 to view the full job description and submit their application no later than December 1, 2018.