Senior Human Resources Specialist
Posted on December 19, 2018 by ChildFund International
Division/Department: Human Resources
Location: Alternative Presence Country Office or Regional Office
Reporting Relationship: Regional Human Resources Manager
SUMMARY: The Senior Human Resources Specialist works with the Country Offices on the execution of the key HR processes related to performance management, learning & development, succession planning, the delivery and maintenance of global key talent programs that facilitate the execution of the program and operational strategies. The Senior Human Resources specialist collaborates with key personnel/staff in solving work related issues, implementing solutions and evaluating results to enhance business performance. The Senior Human Resources Specialist will collaborate closely with the Country Directors to execute the HR initiatives and to ensure the COs needs are addressed.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Learning and Development / Performance Management / Organizational Development
- Work with the country offices to detect the needs on specific organizational and personal development interventions (e.g., performance management, learning & development, advising on succession planning and employee relations).
- Adapt and execute Country Offices level HR operational strategy to help achieve key business objectives.
- Oversees and maintains the learning plan for each national office. This includes advising key management and personnel development programs such as technical, management/leadership and professional development. Maintains training employee records.
- Support teams in creating strong leadership and collective responsibility.
- Contribute to strategic projects with the Regional HR Manager particularly where these impact talent, learning, compensation management and organizational development processes.
- Assist in assessing organizational effectiveness; and, recommend appropriate organizational structures or interventions; executes change management initiatives to aid in improved organization performance.
- Analyze employee trends and human resource metrics (i.e. turnover, employee relations issues, staffing challenges, etc.) to identify root causes and recommends appropriate actions to country representatives.
- Implement and coordinate organizational performance management process; ensure annual goal setting, routine performance feedback for staff, year-end appraisal completion and regional/IO reporting.
Job Profiles / Salary Administration / Onboarding / Employee Relations
- Develop and update job descriptions and administration of compensation related to hiring or promotions.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the onboarding process, including corporate and national orientation, preparation of welcome packages, amongst countries and coordinates with internal stakeholders and the Human Resources Specialist.
- Provide consultation in staff disciplinary process in order to ensure compliance with organizational standards; primary advisor to management on appropriate actions for prevention and response to employment related legal concerns.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or higher-level degree preferred and/or equivalent relevant experience in lieu of degree. Local HR certification is a plus.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of talent management programs including performance management, competency frameworks, learning & development, succession planning, culture, and staff care.
- Strong for building high performing teams across a multi-disciplined project that consistently meets targets.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
- Extensive experience on development initiatives.
- Good Interpersonal, organizational and influencing skills and ability to facilitate across all levels of business.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Fluency in verbal and written English and Spanish is required.
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates please apply through our careers site: https://bit.ly/2QI4bUk before January 9 2019. Please include salary expectations.