Procurement Analyst (Infrastructure)
Posted on November 29, 2018 by UNOPS
The UNOPS Office in Panama is looking for international candidates, local candidates (nationals of Panama) are encouraged to apply, and they will be considered in this process. ** Local candidates (Panamanian nationals) will be considered on a local salary scale.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the functional supervisor who reports to the Head of Support Services, the Procurement Analyst is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services reflecting best practices in international public procurement, compliance with UNOPS procurement rules and regulations, appropriate risk management and obtaining the best value for money. He/she analyzes and interprets the respective rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide range of issues related to procurement.
1. Implements key aspects of operational procurement strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of assigned procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Implementation of, or support to, the different steps of the procurement processes, including Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
2. Provides technical support and guidance to procurement processes of the Business Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly prepared elements of procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation of infrastructure process.
- Ensure to follow on embedding sustainability along the infrastructure procurement process.
- Organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation.
- Preparation of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (CPCs).
- Monitoring of contractor performance and certification of completed work for compliance with contractual terms and payment.
- Advice, remedial actions, or solutions to Project Managers on procurement issues.
3. Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers.
- Utilization of-sourcing module in accordance with UNOPS Procurement Group goals and standards in this area.
4. Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on infrastructure Procurement-related topics.
- Contribute to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in infrastructure procurement management.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about infrastructure processes and best practices and utilize productively.
5. Team Management
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
Apply through this link https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16830