Information Technology Officer
Posted on November 12, 2018 by ChildFund International
Location: Ecuador, Guatemala, Bolivia, Honduras or Panama
SUMMARY: The IT Officer is responsible for providing customer service to alternative presence Country Offices in the implementation and operation of all corporate IT platforms, policies, procedures, equipment inventory, equipment ordering process centralization.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Evaluate and assess current state and future needs for centralization and standardization of all IT related systems, software/hardware procurement, security, account administration, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 support, disaster recovery, architecture, and policies/procedures.
- Manage all IT resources to provide tier 1 support for desktop troubleshooting, account administration, backup support, server administrative tasks and all other first level IT support needs. Manage appropriate escalations to IO IT Infrastructure and desktop support staff as appropriate.
- Provide hands on troubleshooting and server and network administrative tasks (including account administration, onboarding, equipment procurement).
- Documents needs assessments and develop solutions to complex problems or processes. Defines project plans, timelines and budget requirements necessary to accomplish projects and produce required deliverables.
- Collaborates with regional management and IO leadership on budget requirements and presents to Country Representatives for approval.
- Institute IT support model that adheres to ITIL standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or closely related discipline or equivalent relevant work experience preferred.
- Microsoft MCITP Windows Server 2008 or MCSE preferred
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP preferred.
- ITIL Service Management Foundation Certification preferred.
- 5 years of IT management experience required.
- 5 or more years of hands on Windows server 2003/2008, Active Directory, backup software and Cisco or similar networking equipment administration and troubleshooting experience required
- 5 years’ experience implementing ITIL standards specifically around the ITIL service desk function
- Demonstrated experience in building collaborative partnerships across an organization by influencing others
- Excellent organization and planning skills with ability to perform in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Detail oriented, team player, self-starter and results oriented
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using all Microsoft Office suite applications including MS365 and SharePoint.
- Fluent in spoken and written Spanish and English is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an added advantage.
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply with their updated CV and cover letter through our career portal: https://bit.ly/2qHLSPG before November 26 2018. Make sure to include your location and salary expectation.
We encourage interested candidates to apply at their earliest convenience since we will read applications as they come.