Country Director - Bolivia
Posted on October 16, 2018 by ChildFund International
Responsible for strategic leadership and oversight of ChildFund operations in the assigned Country office (CO), including program direction, country strategy development, program quality, innovation and impact, emergency preparedness and response, human resource management and talent development, financial and organization’s assets stewardship, resource acquisition, and administrative operations.
The Country Director is expected to play an important role in the evolution of CO operations to become more effective and efficient in reducing costs while maximizing social impact and appropriate role of an INGO in the country of assignment working with strong local partners, and fostering alternative creative/ innovative approaches to deliver program social impact. S/he will also guide the Country office team in ensuring operational effectiveness and efficiency (with the Shared Support Unit where applicable), an organizational culture where ChildFund core values and operational principles are practiced, appropriate systems are in place and properly implemented, maintenance of good working relationships with local partners, government officials, and donors, and to ensure all staff and representatives are fully aware of and adhere to ChildFund policy and commitments about Child Safeguarding.
- Take all appropriate corrective actions, including disciplinary, legal or other actions in response to any violation of the Child Safeguarding Policy and follow up on any findings of a violation and review the applicable policies, procedures and protocols to identify and address any gaps or weaknesses.
- Supervise guide and mentor staff to achieve performance metrics and core outcomes and oversee the establishment and functioning of a strong, effective senior management/leadership team.
- Oversee the recruitment and orientation of senior and middle management staff, provide on-going talent management supervision, leadership, and guidance, and provide oversight in the management and development of NO human resources.
- Increase CO revenue through grants, corporate and individual donors
- Provide strategic oversight and ensure excellence for a healthy growing operational portfolio with program quality, satisfied and engaged staff, program strategies with monitoring and learning systems, and grant acquisition with appropriate pre- and post-award management.
- Drive, develop, and ensure the adaption, integration, and learning around key areas including child safeguard standards, monitoring and evaluation, disaster risks reduction, gender equity and diversity, and that an appropriate/timely/ effective disaster emergency response and preparedness plan is in place and updated regularly.
- Develop ChildFund reputation and brand among government and peer INGOs to pre-position, advocate, network and raise profile and reputation among key influencers important to children’s right.
- Ensure the organization is recognized by stakeholders (relevant government authorities, donors, other NGOs, media etc) as a strong child development organization and credible reference point on issues related to development, and specifically to be seen as a leader in children’s issues.
- Ensure optimal financial, human and physical resource allocation and management and quality standards (with the Shared Support Unit where applicable) for successful implementation of the country’s and organization’s strategic plan and mission and to monitor and report on their progress.
- Provide leadership in the development or management of assigned functions associated with the new program Delivery Models(s) initiative.
- Ensure proper use of ChildFund resources in pursuit of quality programs for child development, and ensure that adequate internal control are in place to protect NO financial and non-monetary assets and that they are used in accordance with donor terms and conditions.
- 7 – 8 years’ experience in senior management position in development field
- Experience in emergency programs, and/or community development
- Experience in the management of large institutional grants preferred
- Proven track record of strong management skills with complex programs and a large number of staff.
- Experienced in child focused programming and sponsorship.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to grow/develop a development agency by attracting local and interCountry resources and building alliances.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
- Ability to pragmatically solve problems, plan a course of action using analytical, conceptual, strategic and forward thinking abilities to achieve an effective resolution.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in such areas as: project, budget and resource management.
- Strong leadership skills in such areas as: fostering teamwork; developing and motivating others; managing change; conflict resolution; initiative and flexibility.
- Strong visioning, strategic planning, implementation ability and effective under pressure, results oriented and proactive with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate support for innovation and organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Ability to recognize, react and adjust to rapidly changing conditions and to lead the resources in appropriate direction with cohesiveness and a sense of urgency
- Coalition building capabilities, external networking and experience in developing strategic partnerships
- Strong entrepreneurship and business development abilities
- Proactive and adaptive
- Fluency in English and or Spanish (in Americas) - some countries would require fluency in Portuguese or French; and thus ability to communicate in another major language is highly desired.
- Master degree in related field of community development/social science or relevant discipline.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply through our careers site https://bit.ly/2pWDxre before October 30 2018