Business Support Assistant - SC4 - 2 Posts (103054)
Posted on January 18, 2019 by WFP
Are you skilled in providing business support to facilitate effective service delivery? Would you like to change and save lives with the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP we are looking for two (2) talented Business Support Assistants for the Regional Bureau of Latin America and the Caribbean. You will perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit or the designate.
At this level, work will be carried out with minimal supervision. You are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. You will offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
Specific Post Requirements (as required by the Hiring Manager)
- Responsible for provision of travel service, reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant travel regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Produce statistical reporting and review customer satisfaction with travel services.
- Provision of protocol related services, maintaining information, to support staff to work effectively.
- Manage, maintain and update assets in WFP corporate system with all relevant data.
- Compile list of insurable items for property insurance process and coverage.
- Organize and prepare documentation for asset disposal according to WFP rules for management approval.
- Ensure, correct application of asset management regulations and verify the accuracy of the data apart from the annual visual inspection at the sub-office level.
- Perform annual physical count and reconciliation of assets inventory.
- Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative (travel, protocol, assets, etc) procedures, policies, processes when required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
- Fluency both oral and written communication in English
Terms and Conditions
Position: Business Support Assistant
Number of openings: 2
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Level: Equivalent to G4
Duration: 12 months
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens.
How to apply?
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
Deadline for Applications
1 February 2019