Posted on April 25, 2018 by UNDP
Under the guidance and supervision of the Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Coordination Unit (LAC-RCU) Management and Programme Support Analyst, the Administrative Clerk provides support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work, accuracy, and timely and properly recorded/ documented service delivery. The Administrative Clerk promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Clerk works in close collaboration with the operations, programme, and project staff in the LAC-RCU, UNDP-GEF Headquarters, and other UN agencies staff to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies;
- Provision of administrative and logistical support;
- Provision of support to office maintenance and assets management;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP and UNDP-GEF rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
2. Provides administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP and UNDP-GEF shipments (received/sent), and arrangements for shipments. Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, drafting correspondence related to shipments/customs clearance;
- Arrangement of LAC-RCU staff members’ travel and hotel reservations, and preparation of travel authorizations;
- Support to RCU staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents in accordance with requirements of the United Nations and national government;
- Administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with Regional Hub SOP;
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources;
- Maintenance of files in Administrative Unit;
- Provide other administrative and logistical support and tasks as requested.
3. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information on assets management, maintenance of records, and files on assets management;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
- Assist in the quoting and order of office supplies, equipment, and furniture;
- Support the maintenance of the equipment and furniture, including assistance liaising with the IT Unit and related personnel;
- Provide office maintenance and assets management support and tasks as requested.
4. Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the LAC-RCU, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration;
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education, preferably with specialized certification in Business or Public Administration, with at least 4 years of relevant experience; or
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field with at least 1 year of relevant experience would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 1 - 4 years of relevant administrative experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Atlas or other ERP system a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and verbal.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK: