Intern (Emergency and Post Crisis)
Posted on September 18, 2017 by IOM
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Title: Intern (Emergency and Post Crisis)
Organizational Unit: Regional Emergency and Post Crisis
Duty Station: Panama
Type of Contract: Internship (national or international)
Duration: six months.
Starting Date: Spetember 2017
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the regional emergency and post crisis adviser, the intern will assist with the operational activities of the Mission. Tasks will include:
- Assist in the preparation of PP presentations in English for training on emergency preparation for response.
- Assist in the preparation articles for the newsletter in English about emergency and other activities from Panama and other offices.
- Assist in the compilation of the best practices related to emergency and post crisis projects from the Latin America and Caribe region in order to write articles for the brochure.
- Assist in the preparation of IOM brochure related to IOM interventions in English in order to facilitate the contacts with private sector and other donors.
- Assist in the translation of some surveys into English.
- Assist in the revision of English papers related to adapted material of CCCM, MCOF and DTM for the region.
- Assist in the compilation of Emergency and post crisis (EPC) documents, projects, best practices and update the map.
- Assist in the preparation of EPC global tool kits and dissemination among the EPC focal points.
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and attributes required:
- Students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated in social sciences, between 19 and 36 years old, who have less than two years of relevant working experience.
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel minimum);
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility, tolerance and capacity to work in team;
- High sense of responsibility, dedication and honesty are desirable attributes.
- Follows all relevant IOM procedures, processes, and policies, including the Code of Ethics.
- Fluent Spanish and English.
Closing date: September 25th, 2017
Send CV to: PAC-Recruitment@iom.int